CUSTOMER DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
CUSTOMER DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
Date of entry into force: 25/5/2018
In our COMPANY, Rooms Nancy, we prioritize the protection of your personal information as part of our philosophy of having satisfied customers and maintaining strong relationships of trust. We understand the importance of your personal information and make every effort to store and process carefully the information you share with us.
At Rooms Nancy, we support the protection of your personal data through technical data security measures and internal management procedures, as well as natural privacy measures.
At Rooms Nancy, we continually evolve our systems and processes by trying to make a difference with third parties.
Thank you for your continued interest and support.
“Personal data” is any information that is collected or recorded in a form that can allow your direct (eg surname) or indirect (eg, phone number) identification with a natural person.
Field of application
For What Purposes Do We Collect Data?
We collect and use personal data to manage your relationship with Rooms Nancy and to be able to offer you our Services.
Some personal data is collected to provide you with personalized and improved services.
We collect personal data in order to:
a) Managing room reservation and other hosting services
• Creation and storage of legal documents in accordance with applicable law
• We gather information to prepare and meet requests related to your stay (eg room preferences)
b) Managing your stay at the Hotel
• We manage access to your room
• We monitor the use of services (Telephone, mini bar, WiFi access etc.)
• We manage lists of personal customer data for operational reasons, such as today’s arrivals, departures or list of special category customers
c) Improvement of our hotel services
• In order to tailor our products and services to better meet your requirements
• We process your personal data into marketing programs for marketing and promotional purposes but also to better understand your requirements and desires
• We provide you with useful information about promotions or other promotional messages
• We inform you about special offers and new Services
• We provide you with customized content and suggestions based on your previous activities in our Services
d) Managing our relationships with you before, during and after your stay
• Management of compliance programs
• Managing client databases
• We evaluate and analyze our market, our customers, our products and our services
• We create statistics and reports
• We know and manage the preferences of new and recurring customers
• We send out newsletters, promote products and offers, or contact you by phone
• We handle deletion requests from update lists
• We create and manage questionnaires and statistics
• We conduct sweepstakes, contests or offers in accordance with the law
e) Improving our Services
• We conduct market research and questionnaire analysis and customer feedback
• We handle customer complaints and complaints
• We offer you the benefits of loyalty programs
f) System Security
• We record data to ensure security and avoid fraud
g) Compliance with Greek and European law
h) conducting market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance, and direct marketing and sales promotions
i) Conducting targeted advertising campaigns on the Internet through third-party websites
Which Personal Data Do We Collect?
Information you provide directly to us
Some of our Services allow you to provide information directly to us. For example:
• If you order a paid product or service from us, we may ask for your name, room and billing information to process your order.
• If you participate in an online or offline contest or promotion that we are organizing, we may ask for your name, contact details, email address, age and gender, your personal or business interests, other personal characteristics, and your opinion of our products and / or services.
• Some of our Services allow communication with other people. This communication will be transmitted through our systems and stored in them.
The information we are required to ask you and / or your family members is the following:
• Contact Details (eg surname, first name, last name, passport number, identity card, telephone, home address, email)
• Personal Details (eg Date of Birth, Nationality, Place of Birth)
• Information about your children (eg name, date of birth, passport number)
• Pricing information (eg credit card number, VAT number)
• Date of arrival and departure, flight number and room number
• Preferences and interests (eg non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bed, sports, cultural interests)
• Questions and comments that were made during the stay or after our stay at our Hotel.
The information we collect about people under the age of 18 is limited to Name, Surname, Nationality and Date of Birth and can only be given to us by an adult / guardian. We are grateful for all your actions that ensure that your children do not send us personal information without your consent (especially via the Internet). However, if you send us this kind of information, you can contact the Data Privacy section to schedule deletion of this information.
In addition, information such as your passport number, recreational activities, hobbies, health problems you may have, or if you are a smoker or not, can be described as sensitive. We retain such information only if we are required by applicable law or if you have explicitly given us your consent (eg in order to provide you with the appropriate Service, such as a special diet)
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide directly, we may also collect information about your use of the Services through the software on your device as well as other means. For example, we may collect:
• Device information – such as hardware model, mobile phone identification code (IMEI number) and other unique device IDs, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and device settings that you use to access the Services.
• Login information – such as time and duration of use of the Service, search queries entered into the Services and any information stored in cookies that we have placed on your device.
• Location information – like your device’s GPS signal or WiFi access point information that may be transmitted to us when using Services (eg WiFi, Guestportal, Mobile Apps).
• Voice and image information – such as voice recordings we do (and may store on our servers) when you use voice commands to use a Service or video and video information from CCTV for security reasons.
• Other information about your use of the Services, such as the applications you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
Which Personal Data Do We Collect?
Information from third parties
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which may be combined with other information we receive from you or about you. We may also receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect to these services.
Other information we collect
We may also collect other information about you, your device or your use of the services in the ways we describe at the collection point or otherwise with your consent.
You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but if you do, it may affect your ability to use certain Services.
When Do We Collect Personal Data?
We collect personal data in various cases such as:
a) Hotel Activities:
• Room reservation
• Check-in and payment
• Various requests, complaints / complaints and / or disputes
b) Participation in marketing or events programs:
• Sign up for loyalty programs
• Participate in online and offline surveys (for example, Customer Satisfaction Survey)
• Participate in competitions and games
• Subscribe to news lists to receive promotions and other promotions via email
(c) Transmission of information by third parties:
• Travel agents, travel agencies, GDS booking systems, Online booking systems – (such as booking.com, expedia.com and others) and other reservation systems
(d) Actions through electronic devices
• Linking to our websites
• Connecting to the WiFi network of our hotels
• Filling online forms (eg booking form, precheck-in form, satisfaction surveys, etc.)
Third Party Access Terms to Your Personal Data
Rooms Nancy is part of our philosophy and our basic principle that we will not share your information with third parties for their own independent business purposes or marketing purposes without your consent.
However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
• Business associates
We may share your information with trusted business partners. These agencies may use your information to provide you with services you have requested to make predictions about your interests and perhaps to provide you with promotional material, advertisements and other material.
• Service Providers and / or any third party who may be processing for us.
We may also disclose your information to companies providing services on our behalf or on our behalf, such as computer contractors, bulk mailers, banks, credit card issuers, law firms, mail service companies, printing services companies, etc .;
• Other third parties when required by law or when we need to protect our Services. There may be cases in which we will share your information with other third parties:
o to comply with the law or to comply with a mandatory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
o to confirm or implement our compliance with the policies governing our Services and
o to protect the rights, property or security of Rooms Nancy, our business partner or customer.
• Other third parties in relation to corporate transactions. We may disclose your information to third parties in the context of a merger or transfer or in the event of bankruptcy.
In order to provide you with the best possible service, we provide access to your personal data or to certain specific categories of your personal data, to our appropriate and authorized personnel. This includes:
• Hotel staff
• Reservation Departments
• Computer science Department
• Marketing / Guest Relations Department
• Department of Legal Services if and when necessary
• Medical Services if needed
Revelations of Your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information. This disclosure is always in compliance with applicable law. In some jurisdictions, privacy laws may require us to obtain your consent before forwarding your information from your country of origin to other countries. When you accept this Policy, you grant, to the extent required by local law, your consent to the transfer of your personal information to those other countries for the purpose of serving the Purpose and to the extent stated in this section.
Where such disclosure may occur, the following are included:
– Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
Like most hotel businesses, we may outsource certain functions and / or the processing of certain services to third parties. We may also ask market research companies to support us in contact with customers for market research and quality assurance. When we assign your personal data to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers, we require such third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, using appropriate security measures.
– Credit Approvals
When you apply for credit, your personal information is used and disclosed to appropriate third parties in accordance with applicable law to decide on the granting and maintenance of a credit limit for you.
– Legal Requirements
We reserve the right to disclose any personal data we have for you in the event that this is imposed on us by a court or is legally required by a State Authority or if we deem it necessary or desirable for us to comply with the law or protect or to defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable law. We also reserve the right to retain personal data collected and processed for compliance with accounting and taxation rules and regulations as well as special record keeping laws.
What we do to keep your information secure
We have obtained reasonable organizational and technical means to protect the information we collect in relation to the Services and in particular any sensitive personal data that is collected. Our IT Department follows international standards and practices to ensure network security and encryption of data.
However, keep in mind that while we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no web site, no internet transmission, no computer system, and no wireless connection are completely safe.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is retained only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it is collected or for as long as required by contract or under applicable law.
Cookies, Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone, or other device. They allow the person who places them on your device to recognize you on different websites, services, devices and / or browsing times. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
• Cookies can remember login credentials so you do not have to enter them each time you connect to a service.
• Cookies help both us and third parties understand what parts of our Services are most popular as they help us see which pages and which features users visit and how much time they spend on them. By studying this kind of information, we can better customize the Services and provide you with better experience.
• Cookies help both us and third parties understand what ads you have seen so that you do not receive the same ad each time you access the Service.
• Cookies help us and third parties to provide you with relevant content and ads by collecting information about your use of our Services and other web sites and applications.
When you use a Web browser to access the Services, you can set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are sent. Each browser is different. Your device’s operating system may contain additional cookie settings.
However, please note that some Services may be designed to work with cookies and disabling cookies may affect your ability to use these Services or a specific part thereof.
Other local storage
We, and some third parties, may also use other types of local storage technologies, such as Local Flash Objects (“Flash cookies”) and HTML5 Web Storage (HTML5) in conjunction with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies mentioned above as they are stored on your device and can be used to store some information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may use different parts of your device than typical cookies, so you can not control them with the standard tools and browser settings.
We, and some third parties, may also be using technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that send information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in web content, video, and email, and allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you viewed specific content or a specific email message, determine the time and date you were viewing beacon and the IP address of your device. We, and some third parties, use beacons for a variety of purposes, such as analyzing the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide you with even more relevant content and advertisements.
By accessing and using our Services, you agree to store cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons, and other information on your devices. You also agree to access to such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information from us and from the third parties mentioned above.
Access – Correction of Your Information – Right to Delete Personal Information
Under the law in some jurisdictions, you may be entitled to request details of the information we collect and correct inaccuracies in this information. Any further legitimate user rights remain unaffected. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee to provide this option. We may refuse to proceed with requests that are repeatedly unreasonable, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical or involve access not otherwise required by domestic law. If you would like to request access to your information, please contact the Data Privacy section. You can also request a deletion of your personal information at any time.
Questions and Contact
For any question about this policy or general data protection and security
to Rooms Nancy,
please contact us at the following address:
Address: 68 Aipeias Str. Agios Andreas, Messinia 24010 Greece
phone: (+30) 27250-31344, 31269
Mobile: (+30) 697-807 0175
Fax: (+30) 27250-31344